2022 Year in Review
Happy new year from House of Hope! As we settle in to 2023, let's take a look back at some of House of Hope's highlights of 2022!
Brown County Youth Action Board (YAB) Formed and Coordinated Community Plan Adopted (Jan. – March)
- House of Hope awarded a Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) grant from the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – YHDP supports selected communities in the development and implementation of a coordinated community approach to preventing and ending youth homelessness
- The Brown County YAB was formed in January
- The Brown County Housing Coalition, Brown County YAB, and community partners collaborated to develop an integrated system to end youth homelessness and housing instability and ensure wrap-around support for youth to thrive – the Coordinated Community Plan was adopted in March
- Learn more: visit the Brown County YAB website
The Family Radio’s Help for the Homeless Hygiene Drive (Feb. – March)
- Participated along with 18 other agencies/programs of the Brown County Homeless and Housing Coalition
- 87,371 personal hygiene items and cleaning supplies collected
- $132,231 total raised in funds and items for the participating agencies/programs
- The goal of Help for the Homeless is to supply a year’s worth of products to each agency
AODA Counseling Began (May)
- Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse programming (one-on-one and group counseling) provided by a Licenced Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor begins at House of Hope
- Funded by a Community Development Block Grant from the City of Green Bay
“Garden Time with Mary” Garden Program (May – Sept.)
- New program funded by The Women’s Fund of Greater Green Bay
- Planted 5 raised garden beds with vegetables and flowers and did landscaping work
- 56 unique participants and 165 instances of participation
- Thank you to volunteers Mary Schreiner and Kris Vreugdenhil!
- Learn more: watch the video
Diaper Green Bay (June – July)
- This community-wide event, in collaboration with Green Bay Doulas, raises awareness about family and childhood homelessness and the many families in need of clean, dry diapers throughout the greater Green Bay area
- 10 sponsors and 26 collection sites
- $31,918 total raised in funds and items
- 50,762 diapers and 88,067 wipes collected
A Community Thrives (July – Aug.)
- House of Hope participated in A Community Thrives, a grantmaking and crowdfunding program from the USA TODAY NETWORK and The Gannett Foundation
- 74 donors gave a total of $12,549 during the campaign
- House of Hope was subsequently awarded a $100,000 grant from The Gannett Foundation in October to support The Drop-In!
Golfing for Hope (Sept.)
- Golfing for Hope is a family-friendly, collaborative mini-golf event to raise awareness about area nonprofits and build community
- 18 hole mini-golf course in Green Bay's Broadway District
- 18 sponsors, 15 host businesses, and 18 nonprofit course creators
- $10,640 raised for two partner organizations: House of Hope and Literacy Green Bay
Shannon Wienandt 10-Year Anniversary (Sept.)
- Congratulations and thank you to Executive Director Shannon Wienandt who celebrated 10 years at House of Hope!
- Learn more: visit Shannon's giving page
Touchdowns for Hope (Oct.)
- Annual fundraising gala featuring exclusive auction items, quality entertainment, and a close-out-the-night dance party
- Hosted by Green Bay Packers running back A.J. Dillon and his wife, Gabrielle
- Sold-out event with 33 sponsors and more than 300 attendees held at the Oneida Golf and Country Club
- More than $250,000 raised to help end youth and family homelessness in our community!
Youth on the Move (Nov.)
- Collaboration with HomeBase, a program of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley
- House of Hope's participation helped Youth on the Move expand from 10 partner locations in the Fox Cities in 2020 to nearly 100 locations in northeastern Wisconsin in 2022
- Green Bay Mayor Eric Genrich issued a proclamation declaring November 2022 as National Runaway & Homeless Youth Prevention Month
- Learn more: read the November Newsletter
2022 Youth in Philanthropy Award Winner Federrico Auricchio (Nov.)
- Federrico Auricchio, House of Hope youth board member, won the 2022 Youth in Philanthropy Award given by the Association of Fundraising Professionals Northeast Wisconsin Chapter!
- Award presented to an individual or group of young people (college students or younger) who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the community through direct financial support, charitable programs, volunteerism, or leadership in philanthropy
- Learn more: watch the video
The Drop-In at House of Hope (Dec.)
- New program provides 24/7 services and support for young people ages 11-17 who are experiencing housing instability
- The Drop-In opened December 1st and a ribbon cutting was held December 12 in conjunction with the Greater Green Bay Chamber
- Learn more: read the December newsletter
2023 Sponsorship Opportunities
House of Hope's 2023 Sponsorship Opportunities are now available!
House of Hope provides emergency shelter, housing stability, and supportive services to youth, pregnant and parenting youth, and families with children experiencing homelessness. Your support as a 2023 sponsor helps to provide essential services for the most vulnerable members of our community throughout the year.
Become an annual sponsor to receive year-round recognition and benefits! Individual event sponsorships are also available for Diaper Green Bay, Golfing for Hope, and Touchdowns for Hope.
You can purchase your Annual Sponsorship online now, and individual event sponsorships will be available soon. For more information, please contact Beth Hudak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January Point-in-Time (PIT) Count
The Point-in-Time (PIT) count is a count of sheltered and unsheltered people experiencing homelessness on a single night in January. HUD requires that Continuums of Care conduct an annual count of people experiencing homelessness who are sheltered in emergency shelter, transitional housing, and Safe Havens on a single night. Continuums of Care also must conduct a count of unsheltered people experiencing homelessness every other year (odd numbered years). Each count is planned, coordinated, and carried out locally.
Newcap is looking for volunteers to help with the upcoming PIT count. Staff and volunteers go out the night of January 25 into the morning of January 26 searching for people sleeping on the streets, in vehicles, or other places not meant for human habitation. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Aria at email@example.com.
An Evening with Elvis and Roy!
A benefit concert to support House of Hope Green Bay on March 11th, 2023.
Join us at Riverside Ballroom for their Dinner Show Series featuring World Champion Tribute Artist Jesse Aron, backed by The Change of Habit Tribute band, as they take a trip down memory lane with two of the most dynamic performers in Rock & Roll history. From Roy Orbison to Elvis Presley, to our beautiful hostess and emcee Marilyn Monroe, played by Samantha Chambliss, this is a show you won't want to miss!!
Doors open @ 5 PM for cocktails
Dinner @ 6 PM
Showtime @ 7 PM
Tickets are $45 each. Tickets purchased online include a 4.5% transaction fee. All tickets purchased online will be available at will call on the day of the event.
To purchase tickets by phone, please call Sommer at (920) 562-6862.
Don't miss out – get your tickets today!
1560 Main St.
Green Bay, WI 54302
The Family Radio Network’s annual Help for the Homeless Hygiene Drive works with area homeless coalitions every spring to stock the shelves of 90+ homeless and crisis programs in 19 Wisconsin communities.
Look for collection boxes at Festival Foods, Walgreens, and area businesses, churches, and schools beginning February 12 to donate much needed personal hygiene items and cleaning supplies.
If you'd like to get involved by hosting a collection box or volunteering on distribution day (March 9), please contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly gifts are the easiest way for you to make an impact all year long! For only $10 per month, your annual donation provides:
- Mentoring and classes to help a family learn to eat on a healthy budget
- Parties for two children living in shelter to celebrate their birthdays
- Monthly bus passes for three people living in shelter to get to work or school
Start the year off right with a monthly gift commitment to House of Hope!
House of Hope Green Bay, Inc.
1660 Christiana St. | Green Bay, Wisconsin 54303
(920) 884-6740 | email@example.com